MURRAY COUNTY FAIR RULES AND REGULATIONS
For a printable copy of these rules, click HERE.
- While the greatest possible care will be taken to protect patrons of the Murray County Fair, each individual will be held personally responsible for their actions and the fair board will not be held accountable or responsible for any injury.
- Murray County, the Murray County Agricultural Society, the fair board management or its volunteers assumes no liability for loss or damage to any property to the concessionaire, exhibitor or patron, due to theft, fire, tornado, weather conditions or other causes.
- Be advised that photographs or videos may be taken of the activities or events on the Murray County fairgrounds may be used for future fair promotions publications and social media.
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, the Murray County Fair prohibits unauthorized operation or use of any unmanned aerial vehicle on or above the fairgrounds. This includes all UAV’s, commonly known as “drones” regardless of commercial or recreational purpose. Any unauthorized UAV’s observed will be reported to local law enforcement and the Federal Aviation Administration.
- No person will be permitted to distribute advertising matter on the fairgrounds except from their place of business or exhibit space. Posting or distribution of any kind is strictly prohibited. Any violation of this rule will result in being asked to leave the fairgrounds.
- Any person or group that conducts a protest action must limit its activity to the location designated by the fair board. The designated location is the northwest corner of the fairgrounds. No entrances or exits can be obstructed or limited in any way.
- No hover boards, skateboards, roller or inline skates, bikes, or motorized scooters etc., are allowed on the fairgrounds. Mobility scooters are the exception. The fair board will acknowledge the acceptance of some special needs designations and fair permits will be issued via the fair office.
- Use of motorized vehicles on the fair ground during fair week are authorized by the fair board only and are limited to golf carts, 4 wheelers, Gators and the like. All official vehicles will be permitted with an ‘official use’ placard issued from the fair board. No other motorized vehicles are permitted. Private motorized units brought or driven to fair grounds MUST come to fair office for possible permit for handicap use only. Driver’s license and proof of insurance are required. No underage drivers will be allowed.
- No firearms or weapons of any kind are allowed on the fair grounds. Exceptions will be made for fair board approved acts and law enforcement officers.
- PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED on the Murray County Fairgrounds premises UNLESS:
- It is a service animal, specifically trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability.
- Its presence is authorized by the fair board in advance of its attendance and it is always leashed or kenneled while on site.
- Its presence is part of an organized & announced fair activity or show. If part of a fair activity or show, the pets must be leashed or kenneled when not actively participating in the event and must remain near the exhibit area.Anyone violating the no pet rule shall take the pet off fairgrounds property immediately upon being asked by any fair official or law enforcement personnel. Stray pets will be impounded at the owner’s expense.
- No person upon the Murray County Fair Grounds may have in their possession any illegal controlled substance. Alcohol must be consumed in those areas properly designated, licensed, and approved by the Murray County Fair Board. Persons in violation of this policy will be dealt with accordingly by law enforcement personnel.
- No coolers of alcoholic beverages may be brought to the fair. All alcohol must be purchased in the designated licensed beer garden. All individuals drinking alcoholic beverages must wear the designated over 21 wristbands as approved by the Fair Board.
- Parking on public areas or in-between buildings on the fairgrounds is not allowed after 10:00 a.m. All vehicles and trailers must be moved to designated parking areas. If you need products hauled to your booth space stop by the Fair Board office for assistance.
- Camping on the fairgrounds is not allowed except when authorized by the Fair Board for fair authorized exhibits. Campers authorized by the fair board will be issued a special permit which always needs to be displayed.
- All livestock trucks and trailers must be moved off the fairgrounds to designated parking lots no later than 10:00 a.m. each day of the fair.
- Parking is not allowed near or upon the livestock wash racks.
- NO SMOKING is allowed in any buildings on the grounds, grandstand or bleacher areas (includes E-cigarettes).
- The fair has designated parking areas. If a vehicle is parked in an unauthorized area, law enforcement will be notified and are authorized to issue a citation or provide for the removal of such vehicle or both. Cost of removal shall be borne by the vehicle’s owner.
- Animal Exhibitors must comply with sanitary regulations and keep alleyways and walkways clean. All animal waste must be removed from public walkways by the exhibitor.
- Rules and regulations will be strictly adhered to. Any person who violates any rule or regulation made by the Murray County Agricultural Society shall be held accountable for their actions.
- The Murray County Fair Board shall reserve the right to change any of these rules and regulations at any time to suit the purpose of maintaining and protecting the Murray County Fair and its facilities.
Adopted May 2019