Open Class Registration Information
• Pre-registration of exhibits is available and appreciated!
• Forms can be found in the 2018 premium on this webpage - or in the premium book that will be mailed to all residents in July. The cut-off date for pre-entries is Saturday, August 4, 2018.
• Mailing Address: Kathy Schwartz, Murray County Fair Open Class, 1323 US Highway 59, Slayton, MN 56172
• Bring your item(s) to the fair on entry day, between 9:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15.
• Here are a few tips to speed up the entering process:
• Provide an address label to attach to the entry forms for each Division. This will ensure correct spelling on your premium check and an address if we need to mail the check to you.
• Be prepared with the Class and Lot Numbers for each item that you are entering.
• Open class competitive exhibits at the Murray County Fair are judged according to the American awards system. Items in a lot are judged against each other and every lot may receive only one blue (1st), one red (2nd) and one white (3rd).
• Each division may handle awarding Champion and Reserve Champion differently, but generally, one Champion and Reserve Champion are rewarded in each class or age division.
• Judges have the final say for all awards presented.
Special Photography Exhibit
• $50 CASH Prize - in each class
• Special Photography Class open to photographers of all ages and based on a theme chosen by the sponsors. Rules are listed in the premium book.
• Class 1 - Theme will be "Water Sports" (including fishing) sponsored by L.A. Photography and the Murray County Wheel-Herald
• Class 2 - Theme will be "Parks and Recreation" sponsored by the Murray County News and Fulda Free Press