Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at the Murray County Fair. We rely on our many people to to keep the fair running smoothly. We’re so glad you want to help out!
- Free “Friend of the Fair” t-shirt to be worn at events (keep your shirt from the year before and get extra pork burger and malt tickets instead)
- Free Pork Burger or Malt
- Support educational programs
- Participate in a pre-fair planning meeting
- Volunteer at fun events and be part of the team!
Volunteers under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian signed consent. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old to volunteer without a guardian. Children between the ages 10 – 12 may volunteer if accompanied by a guardian 21 years of age or older with at least 1 adult : 2 children ratio.
Possible Event Volunteer Responsibilities (you can choose!): Apply Now!
- Grandstand Gate Admissions
- Open Class – volunteer to help sit in the buildings and welcome fair-goers!
- Tractor Pull (pit crew)
- Open Class Exhibit Set Up
- Livestock Events and Set Up
- Backseat Driver Competitions (pit crew)
- Rib Fest – runners and food servers
- General Set up
- 5K Set Up
- Watermelon Feed/ Seed Spitting Contest
- Apple Pie/Crisp Contest
- Kids Bean Bag Tournament
- Kiddie Tractor Pull
- Volunteer at Museum
- General Clean Up (tasks daily)
- Take photos of the fair for the website and Facebook!